Which are the best balloons to use for pool decoration? (Floating pool balloons with helium)
What balloons are best for decorating a pool? | Share or pin for later!
I'm proposing balloon decoration to one of my clients who's reopening his pool area. It's my first time making that type of decoration. So I want to make sure I use the correct type of balloons so they won't pop immediately and stay nice and up for at least 8 hours. Any suggestions are welcome.😊
This is a fantastic idea for the re-opening of your client's pool area. I LOVE the effect of these balloons floating graciously over the smooth water surface.
Here are some general pointers for using balloons outdoors, which also apply to a pool decoration:
1. Don't use pearlized colors - they oxidize faster.
2. Use light colors rather than dark ones (dark colors will pop more easily when the temperature rises).
3. Use the largest balloons possible and underinflate them by at least two inches (e.g. use 14" balloons if you want to blow them up to 11" size).
4. Try to inflate the balloons at about the same temperature they will have to endure (e.g. inflate them in the sun if they will be in a sunny place).
5. Test things out before offering it to the client. For example, if you are unsure if a balloon of a certain size and color will float for at least 8 hours in the sun, inflate one and put it out into your yard.
To ensure a long enough floating time, it's best to treat the balloons with Hi-Float.
This is another thing you could test. Compare a treated balloon with an untreated one. Will the untreated balloon float for 8 hours?
We did a Hi-Float test with 11 inch balloons here.
Lastly, you also need to consider which anchors to use for your floating balloon pool decoration. You'll find tips about anchors here.
Good luck, Paola. Would love to see a photo of your pool decor!